Studio Policies & Yoga Etiquette
All new students must read and sign a waiver-release form before admittance.
Please sign in at the front desk and have your student card scanned before entering the yoga room. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The studio will be open 30 minutes prior to and close 30 minutes after each class.
- First time students must arrive at least 20 minutes prior to class.
- Check in starts at the front desk 30 minutes prior to class.
- Please be on time.
- Bikram’s Beginning Yoga Series is a 90 minute class of twenty six postures and two breathing exercises. We do each posture twice.
- All classes are 90 minutes, please plan to stay in class the entire time. Please do not walk through class during postures. If you must leave, please do so quietly. This is for your benefit, as well as for the other students in class.
Requirements in yoga room at all times:
- All students must use a mat and towel.
Prohibited in the yoga room at all times:
- Mobile phones or pagers.
- Shoes, bags, or extra clothes. Please leave in locker rooms or cubbies outside of studio.
- Glass bottles
- Talking. Please respect silence in the yoga room.
- Do not touch the thermostat, windows, or mirrors.
- Please keep your body and feet clean when attending class.
- Please refrain from wearing perfume, cologne, or strongly scented products in class, in consideration for those with sensitivities or allergies.
- Please do not block another person’s view of the mirror. In a full classroom you need only see a portion of yourself in the mirror. Adjust your mat as needed to accommodate others.
- Refrain from drinking water until after the first 4 postures and then only between postures, not between sets.
Leaving the classroom:
- When entering and exiting the yoga room, please close the door gently and quietly.
- Always leave the yoga room quietly and allow your fellow students to enjoy their final relaxation (Savasana) at the end of class.
- Please place all Bikram Yoga towels and mats in the laundry baskets provided.
- Please help us keep locker rooms, showers, and bathrooms neat and tidy.
- When locker rooms are busy/crowded, please limit your showers to 3 minutes.
Please do not leave your belongings behind. Lost and found is donated on the 1st and 15th of each month.