What to Expect from Your First Class
Bikram designed his Beginning Yoga Series for all ages and levels of fitness – as a beginner, or to complement your existing yoga practice or workout. Regardless of your level, you will find this practice challenging.
Don’t think you have to be in shape before starting classes. If you’re feeling nervous, scared or a little intimidated or self conscious – it’s absolutely normal. Remember, everyone had their first Bikram class once.
While not a requirement, if you’re still feeling nervous, don’t let that stop you – try attending one of our Orientation Classes. To quote Bikram’s teacher, Bishnu Ghosh, “it’s never too late, you’re never too old or too sick, to start again from scratch again.”
Preparation day before class, day of class, day after class:
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day so you’re well hydrated.
- Don’t eat heavily 2 hours before class.
- Dress in cool, comfortable clothes, like you’re going to the beach. No long sleeves or pants.
- As a beginner, it’s normal to feel dizzy, nauseated or lightheaded. Never be afraid to lie down if you need to. Respect the signals your body is sending by backing off. Over time as your body acclimates, improves and detoxes, these sensations will decrease.
- Take your second class within 24 hours.
Required yoga class supplies:
- Mat, towel and drinking water.
- Bring your own mat and towel or rent from us.
- We offer a variety of refreshes beverages and water for sale.